25 June, 2010

Dryad

I'm going to indulge myself slightly by showing you all a Whiteleaf piece that I made recently.




Its title is 'Dryad'. A dryad, in Greek mythology, is a tree spirit (specifically, an oak tree spirit; different plants had different spirits).
I had had the chocolate-brown agate leaf pendant hanging around for almost two years - it was something I bought when I first started making jewellery - and I had various plans for it, none of which worked out as the hole was too small. That meant I had to string it. With greens and browns and rust colours, I thought; Autumn colours. I got out all the suitable beads I had, realised that some gemstone chips naturally graduated in colour and size, and the design invented itself. 
I'm showing it off because it is quite different from what I've made before ... but I'm very proud of it.


I reshot this piece three times, because I'm not a good photographer and my camera seems to hate photographing gemstones; especially agates and jaspers. Doncha hate opinionated electronic equipment?

'Dryad' is currently listed here on Felt.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme. With a quote from Samuel Goldwyn:

“I don’t think anyone should write his autobiography until after he’s dead.”

1 comments:

Bobbie Pene said...

I love the colours in this piece. A hint of autumn with the rustic browns or a sprinkle of spring with the green added.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...