16 July, 2010

Twitter!

My second big step into the world of social media (this blog being the first): I joined Twitter last night.



Wow. It is huge. 
Hundreds of thousands of people, all talking.

You will see, in the sidebar on the left of this blog, a little 'Follow me on Twitter' gadget. I have spent most of today playing around with my account, following people, and trying to get my head around how the whole thing works. It really is enormous. It feels like I'm wasting time, but I remind myself that once I have a grip on Twitter, I will not need to spend all day on it. And yes, I will be tweeting special discount codes for my followers.

One of the first things I did this morning was go to Zibbet's community and search for 'Twitter'. I found a handful of discussion threads with advice on how to use Twitter. The Zibbet community is very helpful and friendly. I found some information that I'm very grateful I found now, rather than later on in my Twitter career. As a result, I've signed up on bit.ly, and am planning to sign up on HootSuite to manage my tweets.

But not tonight. Tonight I need to go and do some of the work that has been piling up while I have been getting to know my new, little, blue birdy friend.
So, here's to Twittering success, and many happy tweeple for all of us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've stubbled my way through.... somehow I get views from what I tweet, and I've even managed to have a couple of conversations!

Enjoy & happy tweeting :-)

Silverlight said...

Thanks, Jac-Ber. I've found that my views on Zibbet have skyrocketed since I've been on Twitter - but no sales yet. Still, views are not to be sneezed at!
Happy tweeting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...