29 November, 2010

Seth Godin's Thanksgiving

Americans have just celebrated their Thanksgiving holiday. I've often thought that giving thanks is a jolly good reason for a celebration, and I think it's a pity that more nations – and people – don't have some kind of thanksgiving celebration.

Seth Godin said something similar in this recent blog post: 'A Modern Thanksgiving', only his idea is even better than mine.
Have a read – Godin's posts are short, concise, and brilliant.

A further thought: we don't need a set day to give thanks. I give thanks every day, for a huge number of things. And, curiously enough, the more I give thanks for the things that I already have, the more things I find to be thankful for, and the less I feel the lack of the things that I don't have. It's quite magical.


1 comments:

Bobbie Pene said...

Well said and oh so true. Life is too short to not appreciate what we get. I think sometimes people get too caught up in what they don't have and forget to look at that which they do have.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...