13 October, 2010

Ignorance is power

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. 

- Doug Larson 

When I first started trying to make a living as a self-employed jewellery artist, I knew nothing. 
In the following three years, I learned how much I did not know. 
I am now slightly horrified at how ignorant I was, and how little research I did. 
I am also immensely grateful.
If I had known how hard it would be, I might not have done it.




 The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible ... and achieve it, generation after generation.
- Pearl S. Buck 

(With thanks to @grapechick for tweeting the Doug Larson quote.)   

1 comments:

Bobbie Pene said...

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. Ignorance is bliss sometimes, and I do think we can achieve more when we don't know the "What Ifs".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...