09 July, 2010

Whiteleaf update and new pieces

I'm very happy with the way my new brand is developing. There are a whole lot of new product lines that I want to introduce: pottery raku vessel necklaces, multistrand hemp bracelets, agate tusk necklaces, and others.
Below are a few of the newest pieces that I am particularly proud of.

 Relics. This necklace is one of my more unusual pieces. It features a sea glass 'tusk', hand carved vintage stone beads from Israel, an old ring, and a bronze casting of an antique coin.

Bronze leaf earrings. Light, bold, and earthy. And, of course, hypoallergenic.

Baneberry earrings. I made them, then, because I didn't know what to call them, Googled for plants with white berries. The first plant that came up was the baneberry plant (actaea pachypoda), and it was perfect. I could not have made earrings that look more like the baneberry if I had tried!

Lily Pad necklace. A gorgeous wee frog on a beautifully detailed and realistic lily pad.

These earrings haven't got a name yet, and haven't been listed yet. I love the fat, glistening glass pearls, like dollops of butter that are about to melt. Golden yellow and copper ... gorgeous combination.

Nettle earrings. Another botany-inspired pair of earrings. Dark green, irregularly shaped glass pearls with antiqued-brass coloured leaf charms. As a vegetarian with vegan sympathies, I don't like to use real pearls, so I go out of my way to find irregularly shaped faux pearls that will imitate the organic beauty of freshwater pearls.

Earth Dancer earrings. These, and their companion Earth Jester earrings, are a one-off design. The iridescent pumpkin-shaped beads photographed so well. I was pleasantly surprised.

Featherdown earrings. Another one-off design, featuring rhyolite rounds and antiqued-brass coloured feather charms. The soft, feathery markings of the rhyolite were difficult to capture on camera.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I do like the frog on the lilly pad and the baneberry earing are so pretty :-)

Bobbie Pene said...

Very beautiful and earthy pieces you have created - I love them, especially your relics necklace.

Silverlight said...

Thank you both!
I'm glad you like the Relics necklace, Bobbie. It's one of those pieces that I'm not sure anyone but me would ever like, so it's nice to hear that someone other than its mother loves it. ;-)

Louise said...

I love 'Relics' Emma, it's truly unique and under a similar umbrella to the wonderful necklace of yours I and the proud owner of. Keep up the gorgeous work! :)

Pretty Things said...

The jewelry is beautiful!

And I wanted to thank you for your kind words about losing Buddy. They meant a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...