14 September, 2010

Relaunch! And associated discount code.

The relaunch of Silverlight Jewellery, with a new look and new designs, took place yesterday (Monday the 13th). The Silverlight Jewellery shops on Felt, Zibbet, and ArtFire were given their new banners, and I started listing the new jewellery designs.
It doesn't sound like much, does it? New banners and new jewellery designs.
Yet there were months of preparation: new branding, new business cards, banners, and stickers, new designs, new photography style, new shop announcements ...

To be honest, I'm now feeling a bit flat. It will be weeks, if not months, before I see any sales from this brand. I had only just managed to get 3 pages of listings into my Whiteleaf Felt shop (the Whiteleaf Zibbet shop is still rather empty), and now I have to pour my energy into the Silverlight brand and hope for a return some weeks down the track.

This 'running your own business' thing ... it's hard work.
That's so glib, so easy to say; so clichéd. But it is. Seriously hard, emotional and mental labour.
What you see in the shops, and on this blog, is the tip of a pyramid of labour. Every decision is important. Every piece of jewellery has to be perfect. Every photograph has to be attractive.
I am Atlas, holding up my own little world of a business, and sometimes it gets rather heavy.


However, the launch did go smoothly: the new banners look as great as I had hoped they would (thank you DrRiptide!), and the Zibbet shop especially looks rather spiffy. (Incidentally, Zibbet had their own relaunch a few weeks before I did, and I think our new looks complement each other well.)

And, as promised, here is the relaunch discount code to celebrate the relaunch: SJR567 
[Edit: as of 31 December 2010, the code has expired.] 
If you follow me on Twitter, you will have seen it already. To use it, simply quote it in the 'notes/message to seller' field when you purchase from any Silverlight Jewellery online shop. I will refund $6.00 of your payment to you (in American or New Zealand dollars; whichever currency you paid in), whether you have paid via PayPal, credit card, or bank deposit.
Previously I said that the discount would be free shipping, but I decided to be a little more generous.
If you have purchased from Silverlight Jewellery previously and have a Free Shipping card, you can use both codes on your purchase! Just be sure to enter them both into the 'notes/message to seller' field when you purchase.
The launch code is valid until 31 December, 2010, and is only valid for online purchases of Silverlight Jewellery.
Enjoy!

The Silverlight rebranding has been my main mission for the past few months. Here's wishing you success in whatever big venture you are working on in your life.

3 comments:

Louise said...

This looks really wonderful! You ought to pat yourself on the back, go take a day or two (or three) off and regenerate! You'll come back refreshed. Good luck with it all! :)

Unknown said...

You go Atlas!
The new look is great :-)

Silverlight said...

Thanks, guys.
I haven't exactly taken a break, but I've slowed down and haven't done much for couple of days. I'm keen to avoid burnout, 'cause I've seen it in action and it's not pretty, but I also don't want to lose momentum on the relaunch. So I'll give it a couple more days and then maybe I'll be ready to get back into it at full speed.
Thanks again. Mwah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...