05 April, 2011

Design of the month: Thornleaf House

Starting this month, each month I will blog about a Whiteleaf Jewellery or Silverlight Jewellery design that I particularly want to share with you. 

Thornleaf House: a one-off, gothic inspired, vintage-style cluster necklace

This is a piece I've been wanting to skite about for a while. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
'Thornleaf House' is is a one-of-a-kind cluster necklace, inspired by a gloomy gothic aesthetic. It reminds me of Gloomth's aesthetic, though I wasn't thinking of Gloomth And The Cult Of Melancholy when I made it.


The charms are intended to be reminiscent of relics from an old mansion, hence the name 'Thornleaf House'. They are threaded on velvety black faux suede, which is very comfortable to wear.


The key is a reproduction of a vintage key, made of pewter and then antiqued. The pearl is a cream-coloured Swarovski crystal pearl.

Thornleaf House: available on Felt.

3 comments:

Pretty Things said...

That's beautiful, and I love the name and your thoughts behind it.

Unknown said...

Very cool. I do like the faux suede it's on, and I love the story behind it, I wonder who lived at Thornleaf House?

Silverlight said...

Thank you both! I wonder about Thornleaf House too ...
I'm planning a few more of these cluster-style necklaces, and I think I'll name them after other old houses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...